11 Mart 2015 Çarşamba

St. Valentine's Day


One the 14th February postmen in all parts of Britian set out with sacks full of cards many of them in the shape of a heart.

The envelopes bear messages to encourage them:

Postman, Postman, do your duty,
Take this to my loving beauty.
Postman, Postman, don't delay,
Do the rhumba all the way.

St. Valentine's Day is the day of lovers. The young and the romantic send each other anonymous cards. They declare their love in verse. And allthough the emotion is certainly profound, the verses are usually familiar:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Darling sweet
I love you.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Honey is sweet
And so are you.
And so are they
That send you this.
And when we meet
We'll have a kiss.

My pen is black,
My ink is pale,
My love for you
Will never fail.

My love is like a cabbage
Divided into two,
The leaves I give to others
But the heart I give to you.

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder